jueves, octubre 15, 2009

Craig's milestones



Craig turned four-months old this past Tuesday, which means he has gone from being a newborn to officially being an infant. I am not sure if there is a real distinction in development in calling him “newborn” versus “infant,” but hitting this milestone somehow makes him seem more developed to me.

In all honesty, as a four-month old infant, he really is more developed than he was a few weeks ago. Some of the changes occurred before he hit the four-month mark, but they’ve all been fairly recent – no longer than three weeks.

One of the most noticeable changes in Craig is that he is a CHATTERBOX. I love it! I cannot understand a single word he says, but this little boy can TALK. It is really hilarious, because you can tell he thinks I understand. He makes these cute little facial expressions; he’s very animated for only being a four-month old infant. I really wish I could understand what he’s saying, because from his expressions, he is very entertaining.

Another change is that he has started to enjoy toys. As a two-month old newborn, he would basically stare blankly at his toys. Maybe occasionally he’d hit one. Now, however, as a four-month old infant, he really interacts with them. He has a stuffed wolf, a bear, another bear that looks like a rat to me :D, an octopus, a giraffe, four tigers. He just got the giraffe from his grandparents, I think he IS his new best friend. If I put him near him, he will actually take his little hands and grab him and pull him closer to him. More often than not, he finds a way to put his mouth in the giraffe's nose. He talks to him. They really are best buds. He has a similar interaction with the stuffed octopus I bought him. Craig loves to talk to him, too.

And the final significant change that he has made in the transition from newborn to four-month old infant is that he can now prop himself up on his elbows. I am quite proud of all the milestones he is reaching everyday. I never imagined how wonderful is to be a mom!!! It seems he will talk sooner than expected. Even first than Gabi, his cousin, who is 16 months-old and just says a few words.

I look forward to seeing all the changes Craig makes in the next couple of months. I enjoy every single thing he does. However, I hope he doesn’t grow up TOO fast. I’m going to miss all these firsts when they’re gone. :'( BTW, he tasted his first fruit last Saturday. He loved it!! I will start to introduce him more foods soon. He will have his first soup this coming Saturday! I can't wait!!!!!!

I have never been this proud! I don't mind being a single mom anymore! Craig is the most wonderful miracle that has happened to me, and now I'm completely sure that all the tears and suffering were worthy! Isn't he lovely?

No hay comentarios: